Summary of Cover
Summary of VillageGuard CoverSummary of Cover
VillageGuard® (Village Hall Insurance) is marketed exclusively by Allied Westminster.
VillageGuard® is underwritten for Allied Westminster by Aviva PLC. The product has been carefully designed to meet the specific needs and requirements of Village Halls. Allied Westminster is currently managing over £1 billion of sums insured through our branded and fully delegated policies with Aviva PLC.
Property Damage - Buildings and Contents Insurance Cover
Specified Contingencies includes loss or damage from specific causes: fire, lightning, explosion, aircraft, riot and civil commotion, malicious damage, earthquake, storm, flood, falling trees, telegraph poles, radio/TV aerials and fixed satellite dishes, escape of water from any tank, apparatus or pipe, impact, escape of fuel from any fixed oil heating installation, theft or attempted theft. All Risks - includes all of the above plus accidental loss or destruction of or damage to the insured property.
- Replacement of locks following loss or theft of keys up to £5,000
- Emergency Services Damage to landscape gardens and grounds up to £25,000
- Loss of Metered Services up to £25,000
- Trace and Access of water or oil up to £25,000
- Cover for Oil Tanks and contents up to £2,500 – this can be increased
- Clean-up Cost following escape of oil, effluent waste or fertiliser cover up to £10,000
- Freezer contents up to £500
- Wines and spirits up to £1,000
- Accidental loss, destruction or damage to fixed glass and sanitary ware
- Damage to Lamps, Signs and Nameplates maximum £1,000 per item
- Accidental damage to Underground Pipes and cables for which you are responsible
- Computer Equipment up to £2,000 – this can be increased
- Greens & Playing Fields Cover up to £2,000 – this can be increased
- Theft damage to buildings not involving forcible entry/exit cover up to £25,000
- Damage to Fire and Security Equipment up to £25,000
- Cost of removing your Falling Trees after damage to property or to prevent immediate threat of damage to property cover up to £2,500
- Property at Fundraising and Catering Events up to £5,000 per claim
- Raffle Prizes and Donations up to £500 per item and £1,500 per claim
- Legal and Tax Helpline
- Risk Solutions Helpline
- Counselling Service Helpline
- Optional cover on request for Marquees and Gazebos in and/or away from hall
- Optional cover on request for items valued over £2,000
- Optional cover on request for any item away from property
- Optional cover on request for ride on mowers
- Optional cover on request for items belonging to other groups hiring the hall
- Optional cover on request for Defibrillators (excluding medical malpractice) with only £50 Excess
- Optional cover on request for Playground Equipment (subject to satisfactory playground questionnaire and terms and conditions)
- Optional cover on request for Subsidence, Ground heave and landslip cover (subject to acceptance and additional premium).
Excess: £100, £250, £500, or £1,000 excess for both buildings and contents cover. Subsidence excess is £1,000 or higher and is set by insurer.
Main exclusions – Policy excess, any existing or hidden defects, damage due to changes in the water table level, wear and tear and gradual deterioration. Theft without forcible or violent entry/exit, damage caused by defects or faulty workmanship, frost, dampness or dryness, vermin or insects, corrosion, rust or rot, scratching, mould or fungus, mechanical or electrical breakdown, damage to gates, fences and property in the open by wind, storm, flood or dust. Damage while the building is unoccupied/disused (not used for more than 30 days) by escape of water, theft and malicious damage. Theft or attempted theft by trustees or any person lawfully in the premises. Damage to property in the course of construction including materials, land, roads, pavements, piers, jetties, bridges, culverts, trees or any living creatures. Any consequential loss apart from loss of rent/income if specifically insured.
Terrorism cover is excluded, however cover can be included if required.
Public and Product Liability including libel and slander
Standard Limit of Indemnity £2 million – optionally this can be increased to £5 million (£1 million limit in respect of Data Protection Act 1998).
Provides protection against your legal liability for injury to the public or for loss of or damage to property not owned by you or in your custody or control.
- Indemnity to hirer - Also automatically included is cover for individuals and/or groups hiring your hall for a private function who have no public liability cover of their own. The cover is for £2 million and is only provided for non-commercial activities, which are for the benefit of local community.
- Any business hirers should arrange their own insurance.
Main exclusions are (Unless agreed in writing with a possible additional premium):
- Work at height where the drop exceeds 10 metres
- Any Deliberate act or Omission
- Any fraud, dishonesty, insolvency, financial default, deceit, intimidation, inducement of breach of contract, breach of confidence
- Libel, slander or defamation
- Any illness relating to exposure to Asbestos
- Pollution caused gradually over a period of time
- Loss or damage to property in your custody or control
- Events, Activities and Exhibitions:
- where combined number of entrants and spectators on site exceed 1000 at any one time
- taking place outside England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man
- where the event duration lasts longer than 48 hours
- organised by a separate third party event organiser/company
- passenger carrying amusement devices
- animal rides of any kind
- ballooning or aerial activities including parachuting, paragliding or parascending
- go-karting, quad biking or motor sports
- bungee jumping or abseiling
- professional sports teams or persons
- individual exhibitions valued at over £250,000
- racing or time trailing other than on foot
- activity involving watercraft
- fireworks or bonfires
- bouncy castle and other inflatable devices
- For bodily injury to any person taking part in
- contact sports (including martial arts)
- jousting competitions
- ‘It’s a knock-out’ type competitions
- ‘Donkey Derby’ races
Employers' Liability Cover
Employers’ Liability cover is required under law relating to compulsory insurance for injury to employees including voluntary helpers. Cover includes Legal Expenses arising from Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007
- Limit of Indemnity £10,000,000 including costs and expenses in respect of any one claim or series of claims arising out of one cause (£5,000,000 in respect of Terrorism Special Provision).
Main Exclusions: Any Injury offshore, Any Injury sustained in/entering/getting out of vehicle where any road traffic legislation requires insurance. Any work at height where the drop exceeds 10 metres. Any penalty clauses, fines. Terrorism except as stated in Special Provision.
Other Optional Covers:
Loss of Licence
Provides cover if your business suffers following a loss of licence following forfeiture due to licensing regulations or refusal to renew by licensing authority due to cause beyond your control. Cover is provided for 12 months.
Main Exclusions: Where you can obtain statutory compensation, when loss arises out of any town or country planning, improvement or redevelopment, compulsory purchase or surrender, reduction or redistribution of licenses, any change in law. You must notify insurer about any change or alteration to the risk including any complaint, objection to renewal, and reason which could endanger the License or action against you. You must notify insurer in writing within 24 hours of Loss of License.
Legal Expenses Cover
Legal Expenses covers legal costs arising from a variety of incidents in connection with your business
- Limit of Indemnity £100,000
- Legal advice available on the Legal Helpline
Main Exclusions: Any event which happened before effective date. Any civil claims where prospect of success is unlikely. Any claims not notified within 180 days from the date of event. Any deliberate acts by insured, any costs occurred prior to acceptance of claim.
Money & Assault Cover
Cover is available for loss of money belonging to the insured including the following
- Money in Transit
- Money in the private residence of Trustees, Directors, Principals or Employees
- Money in a Safe
- Personal Assault cover is automatically included.
Excluding clerical or accounting errors or omissions, consequential loss, fraud or dishonesty by Trustees, Directors, Principals. Any loss not discovered within 7 working days from loss. Any loss following virus, unauthorised access or use of Computer or Electronic Equipment.
Revenue Protection – Business Interruption
Provides cover if your business is interrupted following an insured loss under the Property Damage Section which results in reduced earnings and increased running costs. You can choose a 12, 24 or 36 Month indemnity period and base your cover on your last 12 months’ revenue, then update it every year.
Excluding damage caused by deliberate act of a supply or withholding supply of water, gas, electricity, fuel or communication services. Terrorism or civil commotion in Northern Ireland.
Personal Accident Cover
Cover for Accidental Bodily Injury with the following benefits.
- £5,000 in respect of death, permanent loss of sight or hearing, permanent loss of limbs
- £50 a week Temporary Total Disablement
- £25 a week Partial Total Disablement
Cover is available for The Managing Charity Trustee, Holding Trustee, Custodian Trustee or Representative of the Management Committee aged 85 or under whilst engaged in activities and undertaking duties on behalf of the Village Hall.
Main Exclusions: Gradually operating cause, suicide or attempted suicide, own criminal act, flying, racing, mountaineering, climbing, pot-holing, racing, winter sports, any effects of drugs or alcohol, insanity, terrorism, deliberate exposure to danger (except in an attempt to save human life).
Employee Dishonesty Cover
Protects you against loss of money and other property following theft or fraud by employees, committee members or volunteers.
- Limit of Liability £25,000
- Excess £250
You must obtain satisfactory references for anyone holding a role with responsibility involving handling money, statements of accounts, computer systems, any supervisory, management or directorial roles. You must have your annual accounts audited by an independent professional accountant or auditor.
Trustee Indemnity Cover
Protects trustees for loss or any bodily injury arising from a claim as the result of a wrongful act
- Limit of Liability £100,000, £250,000 or £500,000
- Excess £250
The wrongful act must be notified to Insurer during Period of Insurance and not recoverable from any other source.
Main Exclusions: any proceedings brought against insured issued prior to inception of cover. Any circumstance that might give rise to claim which insured should have been aware of prior to the inception of cover. Any professional advice.
Terrorism Cover (can be included on request)